Four Dishes Using Pork Mince
- 100 g. fresh bread crumbs
- 1 kg. ground pork
- 50 g. fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 thinly sliced spring onions
- black pepper
Peanut Dressing for Succulent Skewers
- 100g crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp chili sauce (purchased or made see recipe below)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ lime juice
Pork Meatball and Noodle Bowl
- 1 litre of broth: Make or purchase
- 200 grams of noodle of your choice Asian or pasta
- Grated raw vegetables you have on hand.
Pork and Veggie Sandwiches
- 4 ciabatta buns
- 2 tbs Mayonnaise
- 1 tbs Chili sauce (purchased or made -see recipe below)
- Shredded cabbage, cucumber or Brussels sprouts
- 6 tbs of hot pimento (Macarico for sale at Season’s)
- 6 tbsp red-wine or cider vinegar
- Mix all the other ingredients with the pork, then fold in the breadcrumbs.
- Divide the mix into the shapes (sausages, balls or patties) and amounts needed for the following recipes. Providing the ground pork is fresh, these can then be labelled and left in the fridge or put in the freezer for future use. If you are using previously frozen ground pork, shape and cook the meat then you can freeze for future use.
For Succulent Pork Skewers with Peanut Dressing Served with Steamed Rice
- You’ll need 8 wooden skewers. Using 400g pork mix – shape into eight 50 gram “sausages” around wooden skewers.
- Flatten them out with your hands until about 1cm thick, then either barbeque or bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- For the peanut sauce; Mix all the other ingredients together to form a loose dressing. Use a little water to reduce it to a pouring consistency.
For Pork Meatball and Noodle Bowl
- Roll the pork and ginger mix into 12 x 40g balls, then lightly flour.
- In a heavy-based saucepan over a high heat, brown the meatballs in oil. Or base at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Heat broth in medium size pot, in a separate pot cook noodles according to package instructions.
- To serve, add noodles into 4 bowls, portion out 3 meatballs into each and pour over the broth.
- Finish with the chopped spring onions and other grated raw vegetables you have on hand like carrots, cucumber, radishes or sprouts.
For Pork and Veggie Sandwiches
- Shape the pork mix into four thin patties, then fry until crisp and brown on both sides.
- Slice the buns almost in half, leaving a hinge. Mix chili sauce and mayo together and spread on bun. Place the patty in bun and pile on the cabbage, fresh cucumber and carrots. Close the monstrous sandwich up and enjoy!